Miami Prenuptial Agreements Attorney
Skilled Florida family law attorneys develop and negotiate effective marital documents
Marriage is much more than an expression of love. It is also a comprehensive legal and financial partnership. When couples decide to divorce, unwinding the financial bonds can lead to an extended legal dispute just as the parties are ready to move on. At Rafool, LLC, our Miami family law attorneys work with clients to draft effective prenuptial, antenuptial and postnuptial agreements that clearly outline and protect the rights of husbands and wives and their children, especially from prior relationships. You might never need to employ it, but a personalized prenuptial, antenuptial or postnuptial agreement can serve as important insurance should you break up at some point.
Why prepare a prenuptial, antenuptial or postnuptial agreement?
Our attorneys provide personalized attention while drafting detailed marital agreements that cover issues such as alimony, attorney’s fees, costs and suit money, support, property division, business ownership and the treatment of retirement plans and other investments. Our Miami prenuptial agreement attorneys can show you the advantages that a prenuptial doucment (aka, antenuptial) vs. a postnuptial document offers you and your spouse, including:
- Alimony and support — Often, alimony and support are one of the most expensive and contested matters of a divorce or dissolution of marriage. With an effective prenuptial, antenuptial or postnuptial agreement, you can prevent any alimony or support awards or ensure that an award or a set amount is received.
- Attorney’s fees, costs and suit money — Attorney’s fees, costs and suit money are also hotly contested and sought awards in a divorce or dissolution of marriage. Plan ahead and create penalties for failing attempts to overturn or refuse to enforce a prenuptial, antenuptial or post-nuptial agreement.
- Asset protection — As an equitable distribution state, Florida allocates marital assets and debts based on what the judge believes to be fair. Many factors can go into this decision, and there is no guarantee that you will receive half of the total value of your marital estate or any specific item. A strong prenuptial, antenuptial or postnuptial agreement enables you to protect important assets as you begin a new chapter in your life.
- Avoidance of potential disputes — Divorce is hard enough without engaging in additional legal arguments concerning property values and each party’s contribution to the marriage. Developing a fair plan beforehand means that you can eliminate undue stress and expense associated with equitable distribution litigation.
- Peace of mind — Uncertainty about money leads many spouses to stay in unhappy marriages, sometimes for years. Understanding how a divorce will affect you financially gives you the chance to make well-informed decisions about how to proceed.
If you ever need to employ a prenuptial, antenuptial or postnuptial agreement, you want to trust that it is legally sound and geared to your specific situation. Only you and your spouse understand the true value of specific property that you own. We will create an authoritative agreement that reflects your priorities.
Contact a knowledgeable Florida matrimonial lawyer for an initial consultation
Rafool, LLC, advises clients on prenuptial, antenuptial and postnuptial agreements and other family law issues. Please call (305) 567-9400 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation at our Miami office.